Monday, August 18, 2008

Perviz Musharaf Has Resigned Today

President of Pakistan Perviz Musharaf has resigned today in an address to Nation. The Main Points of his speech are as under.

  • President Perviz Musharrf's address to the nation begins with the recitation of Holy Quran

  • Country is facing difficult time

  • Today is the day for important decisions

  • Country was about to be declared as failed state

  • I have full faith in Allah that if we work with honesty Allah is with you

  • I faced several crises during these nine years

  • Nobody faced challenges which I faced during my regime

  • I have been facing challenges including 9/11, northern areas

  • Allah helped me in facing all these challenges

  • My intentions remained very positive

  • I always preferred the country and people

  • I gave a slogan "Pakistan first" to the nation

  • Some elements give value to their interest above the country

  • These elements levelled many allegations against me

  • Some elements are accusing me of electricity crisis and others

  • Details will be released in the press

  • Our economy was on right track on December 2007 before seven months

  • Our Foreign exchange reserves reached 17 billion dollars

  • KSE index surpassed 16,000 points

  • It was the power of our economic policies, These were the indicators of Pakistan seven months back

  • World agencies declared Pakistan in N-11 countries

  • Pakistan was also included with India, Russia, China in N-11 countries

  • Now Reserves have reached below 10 billion dollars

  • KSE index is now around 10,000 points

  • Foreign investors have stopped investing in Pakistan now

  • Wheat, pulses prices went up, poor people struggling

  • Those who criticize our policies is cheating with the nation

  • Power crises was the outcome of demand which increased after development projects

  • 3000 MW power generations during last 8-9 years

  • Demand was higher than generation

  • June 2007, we were generating

  • 750 km long coastal highway built during 7 years

  • Islamabad-Murree Expressway built

  • Many roads links built in northern areas

  • Roads network built across the country

  • Mirani dam inaugurated, dam in Skardu completed

  • Capacity will be doubled for Mangla dam

  • More dams are being built

  • Thal, rany canals are being constructed

  • 3 million acres land will be irrigated

  • Our agricultures will be boosted by these canals

  • Gawadar port was constructed

  • There is a revolution in telecom sector

  • 50 percent teledensity in Pakistan which was only two percent

  • Massive industrialization was happening in Pakistan

  • Four to five hotels are being constructed in Islamabad

  • With the emergence of Industries, employment opportunities were created

  • We made lot of progress in education sector

  • We started technical training, thousands of children being trained

  • Foreign universities were about to open their campus in Pakistan

  • 1500 Ph.Ds every month

  • Primary and Secondary health care was given preference

  • Safe drinking system planned across the country

  • 6000 purification plants were being planned in the country

  • Three-pronged strategy adopted for women sector

  • Political empowerment was result of our policies

  • We abolished discriminatory laws

  • We empowered minority by giving joint electorate power

  • We have a rich heritage, culture, Quaid Mausoleum was renovated in a way that thousands of people sit there

  • We have opened art gallery

  • In Lahore, a Bab-e-Pakistan is under construction

  • NIPA (National Institute of Performing Arts) made to promote performance

  • There was only a label of democracy, we put essence in it, we introduced local government system

  • Those who are against local government system, was against Pakistan

  • Two elections were conducted under my rule

  • It is the essence of democracy

  • Before 9/11 nobody knew Pakistan, we gave image and value to Pakistan

  • Pakistan is give value in international forums

  • We made some inroads on law and order situation

  • We inducted police personnel on basis of merits, we strengthened their capabilities

  • No Kalshinkov culture on roads

  • New terrorism culture began after 9/11 which we need to defeat and face jointly

  • I am proud of all my achievments

  • Delegates of 80 countries arrived in Pakistan during donors' conference

  • We were committed more aid then expected

  • These achievements are for People of Pakistan

  • Current political situation

  • I always promoted reconciliation in the country

  • I have talked about three-phase transition gradually

  • Third face was last year when I quit post of army chief

  • Power was transformed after transparent election which all the world believes

  • After election of Feb 18, people associated their hopes with the elected people

  • They wanted better future, leaving behind past

  • They wanted a developed Pakistan free of tussles

  • Unfortunately, my all appeals regarding reconciliation went all in vain

  • My efforts failed

  • Some elements were playing politics with economy, terrorism

  • Vendetta began

  • I was blamed for hatching conspiracy from presidency which is completely baseless.

  • Free fair elections were held in which all parties participated. We made sure everybody participates in the election.

  • Prime Minister's unopposed election was held, how?

  • In Sindh, Balochistan also a culture of decency developed

  • I have publicly announced my support to the government

  • I announced to share my experience with the government with all my capabilities to face the challenges

  • Coalition thought me as problem not solution

  • Collision wants to impeach me, why?

  • Are they scared of my legal and constitutional right?

  • Impeachment and charge-sheet right of people, and to defend the impeachment move is my right

  • No charge-sheet can stand against me, They can not prove any charge against me

  • I did all with basis of "Pakistan First"

  • I took on boards all the stakeholders including army, politicians, civil society members, Ulemas on every critical decision

  • I am not bothered about charge-sheet, They can not prove any charge

  • Question arises is: Impeachment issue will affect the country

  • Can country afford uncertainty and instability.

  • Country can not bear politics of confrontation

  • Office of the president should be impeachment, will it be a wise move

  • I am thinking on these line since two to three days

  • It is the time for some serious thoughts

  • Nation will defeat whatever the result of impeachment would be

  • President office can get affected, Pakistan is my love and everything

  • I offer my life for the sake of the country,

  • I served the country for 45 years

  • I think that I should do something to bring the country out of crisis, it has ability.

  • I don't want to do anything uncertain

  • I have in mind to avoid the parliament from horse trading

  • If impeachment is defeated, in my view, confrontation will exist between state institutions.

  • Parliament and judiciary can face confrontation

  • I don't want to drag the army into politics

  • I consulted with legal advisers, army and aides, I resign form my post

  • Speaker will have my resignation, I don't want anything from anyone

  • We have given sacrifices, our sacrifices are exemplary, I salute to them

  • I am thankful to my political companions to support me during this ear

  • I am thankful to civil servants, their role in the functioning has been amazing, I am proud of them

  • I am a middle class person and part of people

  • I always think about the people's pain

  • Prayers of my mother remained with me and my wife and children always supported my that is my strength

  • May Allah protect the country

  • May Allah made the lives of people better

  • My life is always for the people of Pakistan

  • Good Bye to Pakistan

  • Pakistan Painda Abad

No comments: